Come on down and see what great gift giving ideas we have! Here is just a sampling of what we have today!
Crochet by Bianca has wonderful crochet items and Bottomland Farm has beautiful hand painted gift items as well as jams and Jellies. Jammed 4 Thyme will have their food truck stocked with all kinds of wonderful things to eat as well as their jams, jellies and pickles.
Thompson Street Farm has wonderful all natural soaps made from fresh herbs and local goats milk.
Killam and Bassette has awesome winter produce and award winning jams and jellies.
FRESH Farm Aquaponics brings you the highest quality, aquaponically grown produce in the area
Check out the New Flavors!!
Always with FREE Samples
The Glastonbury Farmers Market is participating in Small Business Saturday – come on down to The Old Cider Mill and celebrate with us the entrepreneurial spirit of our small businesses!
Why is shopping locally so important?
- You support local businesses at the Glastonbury Farmers Market.
- You protect the character of our community.
- You keep local dollars in the community.
- You help protect the environment (factory farm food uses a lot of resources)
- You help create jobs.
- You increase your home value (yes, towns with independent local business districts tend to have higher home values).
- You safeguard your families health, Fresh is best!
- You protect New England’s beautiful scenery. Yup, buying from farms helps preserve land.
- You discover amazing new and delicious food items you’ll never find at a big chain store.
- You play a larger role in our community. Shake the hand that feeds you.
- Have fun! Local farmers markets are more lively, creative, have beautifully decorated products and locally sourced compared to the big box stores.
- Even if you just replace one of your holiday items with a local product you’ll be making a difference in our community.
The Glastonbury Farmers Market is all about local – we hope you will join us!
(adapted from Fresh New England 12 Great Reasons to Shop Locally this Holiday Season – Blog)
After two rainy weeks, we are excited to say its forecast for Sunny skies!
Come on down to Hubbard Green tomorrow for the Glastonbury Farmers Market!
Live music and the last few weeks of fresh produce are upon us, so take advantage now before it is too late!
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Rain or shine the market will be open today. The weather man says the rain is supposed to hold off until well after the market closes so don’t be shy and come on down do your shopping and hang out at the market. In addition, don’t for get to check out the Glastonbury Crew Tag Sale going on at the other end of the green.
Today we will have Ernest Song playing so stop by Jammed 4 Thyme trailer and pick up a hot cup of cider or hot chocolate and something to eat and hang out and enjoy some local music.
Please help us help others by donating nonperishable food to benefit Clark House here in Glastonbury. We appreciate and thank those who donated last week!